Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: Re: Example

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael Wright on November 27, 2000 18:45:32 UTC

About a doe almost running you over twice, the first thing that popped out of my mind when u said that is something i've been thinking about a lot lately - there are SO MANY things that can happen in our lives. So many combinations. More than we could ever count. Why can't it be a coincidence that it happened twice in six months? It seems perfectly plausible to me. So many other events happen in our lives and we don't give them a lot of attention buyt the moment we see any sort of possible connection, we immediately turn to a spiritual explanation. I'm trying to say that there is a chance you can run over a doe tomorrow but it won't have anything to do with a design or plan or fate; it's all random (of course you can trace the cause & effect, say for example you hit the doe because you were driving to the gas station to get a pepsi because you are thirsty because you didn't drink anything last night because you had a sore throat because etc.tec.etc.etc.etc.etc. Do you kinda get what I'm trying to say?

As for the fish thing, I haven't heard of anything like that, and if you can tel me where u found that out, I'd love to look at it and try to see if there is a scientific reason for it (Maybe it lives my volcanic vents on the ocean floor and the volatile elements change the chemical composition of its scales, for example).

When we tell our kids to clean their room, our direct influence can clearly be seen - we can tell them directly, there can be evidence by a red mark on their bum if they refuse to, etc. I don't see direct influence of a maker.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins