Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Who Wrote That Book, Tacheyon?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on November 26, 2000 17:59:51 UTC

Tachyons are dominant in 26-D string theory. They were rejected by string theorists who then found a 10-D superstring theory that did not require tachyons. Since then (1984) similar superstring and supergravity theories have been found in 9, 10, 11 and perhaps 12 & 13 dimensions. I say perhaps because the 9, 10 & 11-D theories have all been shown to be more or less equivalent approximations to an underlying theory that has not yet been derived.

My view is that the 26-D theory is equally valid, and is actually the so called unified field. And that it is found only at the center of supermassive black holes where the mass and resulting inward pressure is so great that a phase change from 10-D to 26-D can happen.

I've presented my theory on this forum in past years, so I will not repeat it here. But suffice to say that tachyons are not science fiction. They are the result of legitimate science just as black holes are.

There is no direct evidence for black holes. Likewise, there is no direct evidence for tachyons. But there is direct evidence that things can happen faster than the speed of light.

In the Aspect experiment where equal but opposite particles are produced from energy at one point in space and fly off in opposite directions, it has been proven that relativity is wrong and quantum mechanics is right, and that something goes faster than the speed of light. We call it "entanglement". But that just hids our ignorance.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins