Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: RE: KARMA..........the Buddhism Of Nicheren Daishonin

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on November 24, 2000 16:26:24 UTC

Pardon me but I think you suffer from the mistaken perspective that your practice and only your practice is correct. This quote from your text expresses it well:

"a large number of mistaken and different sects"

No sect or religion is completely correct or completly mistaken. There are elements of truth and untruth in all human endeavours, especially in religion. Therefore, whereas it is beneficial to stik with one self-consistent practice. It' s bad karma to think that all other practices are incorrect.

I think that if you look at the consistencies and inconsistencies of all practices and religions, you get a more accurate appreciation of what the truth is.

Moses instructed us on the problem of contradiction in religious law and practice. He said that if you find two laws of god that are contradictory, you are yielding to the Evil Omen (i.e., Satan) if you use the contradiction as an excuse to reject god. What you should do is to seek the underlying principle that resolves the contradiction.

The same principle can be applied to all the world's religions and sects. There has to be some truth in all of them. Claiming that one particular one is true and the others are false is merely egotistical.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins