Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: Re: The Mystic LAw.............

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on November 23, 2000 17:21:47 UTC

Still not satisfied with your explanation. Is there any connection between the known forces of nature and the Mystic force. Is the mystic force detectable in thelaboratory or anywhere else.

It is not that I doubt the existence of some undetectable guiding force. But everything you say is so abstract that for example I could substitute the word god for mystic law and make exactly the same claims. As far as I can tell it's all semantics.

Physicists tend to do the same thing. They attach a word, like entanglement, to something they know exists but do not really understand. Then they can talk about it like they really understand it. But it's really all semantics.

Likewise, Buddhism claims to be atheistic, yet attributes all the characteristics to the mystic law that are normally attributed to god. IT's not that I do not believe that either exists. But I want to hear something more concrete about how it manifests in the universe, rather than just grandiose claims about its importance.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins