Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: Re: Re: Tthe Buddhist Concept Of LIFE And

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on November 23, 2000 17:15:12 UTC

'We'll that gives much explanation and go into deeper on how this kind of unpleasant experience like what u had give an example can be explained in Buddhism.' do you mean to say there is nothing in Buddhism that you are aware of which addresses these questions?

I know of one child, whose father is an alcoholic and whose mother told her 'you chose to be born to us'. It seems the child was being told to make the best of her choices. But no choices she could make would change the circumstances, so how was she empowered? i realize, too, i have much to learn on this matter, and that that incident was a single point in time, that changes may have been made without my knowledge. i am not god, after all, who sees and knows everything...

to my thinking, just as god is big enough to use evolution or creation or both in manufacturing humans and laws of the universe, it could be that he 'recycles' humans and/or creates uniquely each. if i could determine his methods, he would be a definable being, and therefore of my making only, not the other way around.

my theory is that we all existed in the beginning of time in some sort of energy in god's thoughts. the bible says he knew us before we were born. if we, then, all started at the same point and had common knowledge with him, it is possible we were made aware of what our time and place would be in the tapestry of his time and creation. this knowledge perhaps becomes stunted once we are born as we are slightly removed of his presence once on earth. in our beginnings, there is no gravity or illness or mental disease, or environmental struggles. that is why, once born, we find ourselves wanting to figure out (science) how and why earthlife differs from the beginning time, to get back the knowledge in our earthly vessels of body and mind that we once had when not restricted. this would explain why some people like to skydive or drive fast or other efforts to not be 'stuck' or 'stagnant', re-creating the freeform movements enjoyed before having been defined inside our earthly bodies.

after my father and stepmother were killed, my little brother lamented that dad could not see the sunsets or taste lobster anymore. i asked him to think a little longer on that, because dad could only watch sunsets through pollution and one vantage point on earth. but now he has perfect sight and mobility, and can perch anywhere in the earth's orbit and watch a never ending sunrise. if the good sensations in this life are just a dull mirror of good that is to be enjoyed in paradise, then i can easily imagine that he can taste whatever he likes without concern to its effect on his health, merely by imagining it, but that he is also probably having such a wonderful freedom of time where he is that food is simply not even a concern. haha

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins