Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:A LAW Of Conservation......the MYSTIC LAW

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Glenn on November 23, 2000 03:01:44 UTC

I would like to correct would you mind that existence shakyamuni Buddha(The enlightened One) is approximately 500 B.C. while Jesus was only at 3 0r 2 B.C. So, Shakyamuni(Gautama) came first before Jesus... And during that time Buddhism flourished throughout subcontinent of INDIA even spread to some parts of ASIA and even to the West. King Ashoka(approximately 300 B.C) of Mauryan Dynasty in India was became an ardent follower of Buddhism after engaged in as a man of warrior. After he was converted to Buddhism all situations had change into a very peaceful and prosperous society. But he was not a dictator but rather he gave poeple a freedom to all even a freedom to religions even though he was a ardent follower of Buddhism. Many of scholar today had impressed of his character of being a ruler and a king. Indeed, he was one of the most great king and ruler in the history of mankind. King Ashoka wanted to impart Buddhism to all parts of the land that is why buddhist missionary goes to every land not only on east but Buddhism also goes into west. That is why i suspect Buddhism have influence on it in the western world. And if that is the case then Buddhist teaching had influence on their thoughts and ideas or i would say their beliefs as well.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins