Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: About God, Life And Death (2)

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on November 23, 2000 01:23:26 UTC

'there are regions...in our universe where there
is no time- at least not the kind of time we experience....So...you can see further into the past or...into the future.' kind of like a very very high mountain, whose summit is way above the earth might be, to give a vantage point? sure, why not? not because i'm gullible, but because God's in all things everywhere, at the same time, even what we call 'nothingness' (which, like weeds are herbs we have not yet discovered purposes for, may simply be a continuum whose properties we have yet to discover and totally define, also).

'does that make science into a religion?' It would depend on one's definition of religion, also. Not to be nit-picky. But, to illustrate, though my beliefs have much in common with others who are called christians, and i try to be a 'good' christian, there are differences between believers, just as there are between non-believers in the teachings of christ. some have a 'set' of beliefs from which they cannot/will not waiver a single iota, and are of the mindset that we are here to do work, and work only, and that's it. others tend not to be 'set', who recognize how small they really are, and that there is much much room for discovery within their own lives as there is in all of creation. anyone who claims they have all the answers are liars. i don't even have all the answers, and look how much i post! haha! there is so much joy in the discovery.

to what does science attribute 'joy'?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins