Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: Now I See

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on November 21, 2000 00:24:26 UTC

'Blessed are those who questioned my divinity, but even more blessed are those who did not question my divinity.' John 20:29 'Jesus said to him, "Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed." Perhaps we should confirm this is the passage you are questioning. I'll have to use MY noggin awhile to ponder whether it was the use of THEIR noggins or not. I think he was trying to make the point that the good news wasn't just for the eyewitnesses but for those to come, who only have a bunch of words to go by. That can be pretty tough. Maybe Thomas 'thought too much' rather than relying on the obvious truth that Jesus had done what he told them he would just days before, with the predicted results. So, yeah, duh, Thomas, were you or were you not in class that day?

Your earlier statement had been that it was a 'contradiction' in the bible. maybe i need clarification on that part? sorry for drawing this out so much...

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins