Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Cool!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on November 18, 2000 05:08:58 UTC

God said 'thou shalt have no other gods before me', like, yeah there's other competition but i'm the first and the best, and why settle since you don't have to, life is hard enough sometimes. i think the devil, ticked off for being kicked out of heaven, was able to trick other angels into following him (cuz he didn't have the power to create, only persuade, which is why he's a bane to humans). but god doesn't want us to be fooled, and has gone all out to prove he's the only one worth our trust, which is precious (as we treasure it within our society). God's pretty cool, I think. Don't know WHY he thought to make me, but i'm glad i did, cuz his tapestry of lives is pretty fascinating.

thanks for being frank and funny, Rich. i think you're on the right track on both counts. is that what god meant when he said 'wish you were either hot or cold, instead of lukewarm' (showing the life and talents i gave ya)(paraphrasing without quotes again, sorry - guess i like to be funny, too, apologies in advance for any offenses, but I DO call him Dad, cuz he is).

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins