Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
"Scientific Terms"

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on November 18, 2000 03:35:10 UTC

I differ in belief with mahasattva's reply re: the Law of conservation. If we were merely trees, without mobility and opposable thumbs, I might agree. But humans are a bit more than the typical seasons of renewal and compost. Those things add to the scenery while we humans grapple with the seasons in our own ways. While the cycle is logical, in my opinion it does not explain enthusiasm of creativity, thirst for knowledge, hope for change, or motivation towards perfection in some cases. There's more. Just like one can deduce there is a light source, because see, there are shadows. But who bothered to make them and why? And why love? Why a willingness to die for one you love? Especially with inertia, why would one really want to step forward? Love and spirit have their own 'math', little explored, much less defined, which validate and give purpose to all science and discovery, so we might come to know the source of them better the more closely we look. Ok, that was pretty surreal. How about this. Surely you know about the Orion Nebula, birthplace of the stars. In the bible, God asked Job 'can you loose the belt of Orion?' - that belt, and the weird gravity in it (if I'm not mistaken), weren't well explored until the 1970's. (please correct my relay of the 'facts' as I've learned them, if you wish - I have much to learn, admittedly). Thank you for your time. Gwyn

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins