Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
What Led To That Swing In Opinion???

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Rich on November 15, 2000 17:46:28 UTC

My faith? Well I'm an athiest that is well read in the old testament and very well read in science, I'm an engineer with strengths in history, physics, relativity, and geology. I'm assuming you believe in a god, especially by your last post. It seemed obvious to me.
Yeah, I'm a white heteroseuxal guy in America. Being white is a blessing in the USA because we get such an unfair advantage over everyone else. I acknowledge this, which many whites are in denial about, and want to take away this unfair advantage so that all people are equal. One great idea of me is with the income tax. Women get paid less, well then make their percentage of taxes taken out less so that net pay for men and women is equal. I'm for affirmative action because a bunch of people have got the shaft for so long, they need a hand up. This is all part of my main faith in....

Universal rights!
1) We are all equal until we do something really dumb like kill someone.
Morality is based upon what is in the best interests of humanity. Killing -> bad. Homosexuality -> Not bad.
Stealing -> Bad.
Giving -> Good.
Karen Hughes -> Evil!!!
Adultory and Abortion -> Up to participants.
Morality gives us peace of mind. To parallel to science, L'Chatlier's principle states that system under stress will do whatever it takes to remove the stress. So morality enters this realm. We set rules that makes us not scared of living. We don't have to worry about people killing us. People won't steal from us. So pretty much, do unto others as others unt to you. Not eating pork or swarming insects as stated by the bible, is not a universal law and is simply silly because we can't eat pork because it doesn't chew the cud. DOESN'T CHEW THE CUD?!?! That's not a reason, that's plain silliness. Such rules are arbitrary and cause limitations. I believe abortion is wrong, but no way in hell, to paraphrase Rockefeller, "Am I sending the women of this state back to the stone age." Religion is against abortion, but is also against birth control which will really lower the number of abortions. They don't want to teach safe sex in the illusion that kids won't experiment even when it is known that sexual behavior is strongly caused by hormones in the body that are released independant of demands at ages of puberty. Religion states that ignorance will lead to bliss. Well, it doesn't, it leads to pregnancy. The church is nuts thinking ignorance will ever work.

Also, at this point, what the heck was that statement about sleeping around being bad?!?!!?!? Are you a scorned woman or are you making accusations at me that are unbelievably unfounded!!!! I DEMAND an answer to that point.

Religion states limits that have no standings. Plenty of faiths that are free of gods, have universal morals which, god fearing people call, unfounded. But if these godless faiths have these ideals, then they must obviously be obvious for they do exist. So its these issues that are the universal rights. Its not an opinion. Its in our best interest as a whole. We all, in general, live better under these universal rules.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins