Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: A Proof

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on November 13, 2000 19:32:55 UTC

It's not a miracle, but I finally got my login confirmed.The Astronomy editor had to do it for me as my server was truncating the hash. Others having the same difficulty should send a copy of your confirmation email to: Editor Astronomy Net: "Editor" and if by some miracle he is not swamped with such requests he will click on the confirmation link for you.

But that is making light of miracles. Miracles are serious business. My concerns as expressed in many previous posts in this forum is to understand the supernatural on the basis of physics. Areas of such opportunity are life after death, out of body experience, revelation and the importance of consciousness. However, miracles performed by humans and the control of human life by the supernatural seem to be well outside the realm of scientific understanding.

I have not been a witness to human miracle, but I am, I think, subjected to control from the supernatural. Not to be feared. The control seems to be benevolent in hindsight, but not always in the moment. So physics can reveal mechanisms for some of the passive aspects of the supernatural world, but I have not yet found any mechanisms for the active miracle/control aspects. On the other hand, and more to the point of a "Proof", the unknown mechanisms do not necessarily have to be god. Just because we do not understand how they are accomplished does not mean that they had to be done by god. So miracles are not a proof of god. The best evidence that a god exists is the revelation of those advanced humans who claim to know him or her.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins