Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: To Post Somewhere About 15 Bil Yrs/background Radiation/time...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phil.O.Sofir on November 10, 2000 14:17:53 UTC

So what was the purpose of the calculation, I cannot find the post where I saw it. I think it was something to do with the six days of creation, like what was equivalent to a day, but I do not see how that was possible because we do not have a end point of when it was finished that would give us the total creation time even if we know an approximate age of the local universe.
Really, I guess that is backwards, I should have said that we know the beginning time if based upon the age of the known universe, but that we do not know when it was completed, and this leaves out any preperation time not considered in the pre-existance of the physical age.
I guess you may have been looking at the age based upon radioactive dating and compairing it to the background radiation found in space to somehow formulate a period of creation, but the universe/earth is still being "formed" changed, so I guess this is still part of the creation if you want to look at it from a creationist angle?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2019 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins