Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: Re: WHO IS A BUDDHA ????

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Laura Gentile on November 8, 2000 16:56:27 UTC

Yes Glenn, is that your given birth name? I know maha satva means something like great, or greatest stva or 'soul' (loose translation.) We are all, or can be that, they say. There are many 'religions' but only one God, over, or within all. Buddhi can also mean 'intelligence' I don't happen to have a large grip on sanscrit but I know there are many meanings, sometimes about 40, in english for each sansckrit word. Maybe, if I am arrogrant, as you put it,that God puts me in a place where I can learn to be humble. I think "He' does that for each individual. After all He is all knowing. . .Is your name something you strive to attain to or do you feel you have already reached it? If I was seeming arrogant I hope not to mean that. Yes, if we all could be at one, or in tune, with the Supreme this world would be a better place. Non-injury or holding no malace to any creature is a preponent of Buddhisim is it not? Ahimsa is a removal of the 'desire' to kill or, in other words, the desire to hate one another. Hate of one's 'brother' is killing. We should hate sin or evil or ignorance or that which is asat. We do not always do this but we can look to God to help us. The dali lama is a cool 'dude' and I feel a connection with him. It is just ashame what happens in the name of religon when there is one God over all. God would not want us to be ignorant of the actuall truth and not just what we may believe if what we believe is erronious.
Wilderness~&

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins