Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Purpose Of Life

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Grétar on November 8, 2000 16:21:50 UTC

Reading the article, I couldn´t help noticing how largely it layed out the problem with the meaning of life.
I will get furious protests for saying this,
(I hope) but judged from my values and my knowledge, life has no meaning at all. This is to say that to the universe it does not matter if the human race lives or dies. To the entire human race, it does not matter if one individual lives or dies. Dont get me wrong. Life has a personal meaning to me. The meaning of life is on a personal basis.
The meaning of my life will be to seek knowledge wherever it may lurk, to converse with my friends, to play wargames, to work in order to make all this possible etc. None of this matters to the human race as a whole, but it makes me happy. It fullfills my desires, and therefore it makes the meaning of my life.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins