Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Nerve? Nah, Maybe Just A Neuron.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Rich on November 7, 2000 02:47:29 UTC

What relief comes to me when I die? Well, I will respond with this poem I wrote back in 96. It is copyrighted so don't be posting it anywhere else without giving me either salvation or large sums of money. ;)3

The senses begin to move off towards the side,
my vision becomes blurred,
I can't say it hasn't been a great ride,
after all that I have seen and heard.
Memories of a day so far in the past,
the vintage of accomplishments form,
a feeling that one would desire to last,
my soul radiating so warm.
Now the soul and body seperate from being one,
the regrets I have, couldn't be less,
reaccounting of all that I have done,
an infinate array of unfathomable bliss.
So I lay, taking in my last breath,
the faint beat of my heart is the final sound I hear,
sad I am not about this death,
for I lived a life in which I leave without a tear.

You see, when I took my first religion class, my teacher imparted a simple philosophy upon us that works for all religions. Choose Life. If you live life helping others and yourself, irregardless if there is an afterlife, you will have lived in heaven on earth. Sure, it may have been a little bumpy at times. There have been times I've wanted to tear out the internal organs of my senior project group, but with the anger comes the bliss as well. I choose life. You choose myth. You hope the words are true because if they are not, you have been fooling yourself the entire time. I choose to make others happy. I love to make people laugh. If making other people happy isn't good enough for this oneness of god, then screw him. This god doesn't deserve my praise.

Einstein died, sure. So haven't most other people. Life leads to death. It can not be escaped from. But that doesn't answer the question as to why there can be only ONE GOD if he is not created why can't there be more that one independant god that was also not created.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins