Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: The Singularity Of God

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Robert on November 6, 2000 03:52:51 UTC

I find it difficult to subscribe to any one answer in how or what is the 'authority' of the universe.

I do know, that without science, religion would backwash into a primordial state when we believed the earth was flat, and the earth was the center of the universe. To this end, I attribute science as to helping in our understanding of religion, and vice versa. As this forum implies, religion and science are inseparable. There cannot be one or the other, only both or none.

I subscribe to the idea of a single deity, but have no thoughts on whether our universe is a result of this deity being the lone survivor of a battle of deities or having always been a single omniscient being.

To those who are sure of their religous/scientific beliefs, my hat goes off to you, for I must question everything. And even with the answer in front of me, I question the source.

-Tchzarmok

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins