Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Faith In Science?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Nathan Elbert on October 30, 2000 05:35:25 UTC

Howdy,

As far as beleifs go I personally am a great beleiver in infinity... that space continues forever outwards, that atoms can be broken down forever inwards.

The reason for this, if there were some superior devised plan for it, would be that we could continue to grow and expand forever never having limits to what we could learn (which I would enjoy very much, not that I'll be around that long).

On the other hand, if there were limitations to the physical unverise we could forever continue to explore ourselves inwardly (if you know that you know everything you know one more thing in and of itself).

Point for point, I don't think you can have faith in science... that's rather a contradiction is it not? We each hold our own visions of the scientific future, but science is a --- science... it just plods right along whether you beleive in it or not no matter what you beleive about it.

-NE

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins