Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Reflection In Light Of Atri (see Previous Post)

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by BDogg on October 26, 2000 20:45:16 UTC

Atri,

you made some fairly good points, but you have left much to be considered and you have not delved deep enough. let me give my reflection and convey a little bit of the insight which struck me during your discourse.

Faith is blind. faith stops the mind from functioning and restricts the mind to designated parameters. when the mind is restricted it becomes closed to other ideals. this breeds intolerance, fallacy, and authority. the reason that faith it cannot be defined by science is because it is irrelevant. faith is what contsructs huge elaborate cathedrals with billions of corporate dollars and leaves the truly needy to fend for themselves. if i had to box it up and put into terms of morality, faith is one of the many truest and purest evils.

yes there is creation but there is no creator. the problem with humans (and this directly stems from their naive inability to relate things in terms other than that which reflect their own existential boundaries) is that when considering the idea of "god" they try to put a face to it. Humans must idealize the creator as something disconnected from their own existence.

Before i continue i would like to apologize to you Atri if at any time during my writing, the previous and the latter, i make a point that you already made or say something that had meant in your discourse. by the way i did become a little confused will reading your stuff. but i kind of wanted to just go off on my own tangent as more of a reflection within myself rather than a rebuttle to your writing.

so, as i was saying the truth is within. the main reasons why anything in this universe are due to light and energy. without energy existence would be stagnant, the space/time contiuoum would cease to be, and without light visuality would be impossible. God is not the creator, God is the creation that happened how ever many billions of years ago and that continues to develop itself as each nanosecond passes. i agree with you that god is eternal and infinite, but from my view i think i may percieve god in its entirety differently than you do. in the same way that a star is a a reactive bundle of gaseous chemicals, that is spontaneously generated, so too is the earth a giant ornate chemical reaction, that, by an infinite combination of the things that nourish and the things destroy(ie water nourishes, fire destroys, the sun nourishes, parasites destroy.) continues to infinitely generate and regenerate itself, with both the nourishment and the destruction being gravely essential. there is no theology. only the perfect blend of science and philosophy will stay close too grasping the truth.

in order to realize the notions i have mentioned one must be able to step outside of the Human Mindframe and begin to view the enormous astronomical picture. God wasn't created and God did'nt create god just is and always will be that which sustains life and time in the universe.

if one wants to get into the specifics of worship, the earth should be the main focus. The truth about humans is that we are the worst plague to evr hit the earth, and what makes us so much more devastating is that fact that we have the ability to destroy due to reason and free will. Humans must be just another complicated anti-existence which, in truth, is fueling the higher order of existence itself.

God is the perfect paradox. god is everything. everything is the definition of god. Humans as a whole are insignificant, humans are bound by feeling, emotions,and rationality, we are a mistake. though,(now i get to my agreements with you, Atri,) in recognition of God, that which continually facilitates all life in the universe, we attain a higher mortal plane of consciousness.
we essentially "become closer to God." there is no theology. only the perfect blend of science and philosophy will stay close too grasping the truth.

Now that is where i will stop because once my ideas have to be pushed out the slightest bit, it is time to stop reflecting. good reflection flows freely. there are more questions I would like to pose for all you.
my previous writing explained my ideals somewhat but i left a myriad of questions unanswered
such as where does the universe end? if every action has an equal and opposite reaction, and the universe (god) is the reaction that has followed, who or what is responsible for the initial action? and so on and so on........
I would love all the feedback possible

Keep Thinking...

Bdogg

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins