Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Lemme Try To Help This Out....

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Andy™ on October 25, 2000 20:57:09 UTC

First of all, there are (at least) four possibilities. Let me just say I'm only going to cover four possibilities.

a. life either is created, or made, or caused by nothing at all (i.e. it came out of nothing.
b. life is the creator of itself.
c. life has a creator, cause, or maker, outside itself.
d. life has always existed.

A. It is possible for "things" to phase in and out of existence on a Quantum level. Technically they aren't being made by nothing at all, but they are phasing in and out of existence by means of nothing at all.

B. Life cannot be its own creator without a little bit of time travel, or existence outside of time. Since procaryote cells don't know how to travel through time and we exist in a time-governed universe, I tend to think that life doesn't create itself. A close inspection of the fossil record shows this fact rather clearly via the cambrian explosion.

C. Life (or better) the universe could have a creator outside itself, but traditional creationism, that is, ignoring the physical laws that are interpretable in support of the theory, takes this too far. Belief that God created all things just as they are now is invalidated by modern study. The belief that the universe is only 6,000 years old is invalidated by light. Closer study of physical laws and physical evidence and the ACTUAL Genesis account of creation are much more acceptable.

D. Life has always existed requires every base principle of that belief to be taken souly by faith. Simply, it requires more faith than traditional creationism.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins