Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Does God Exist?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phil.o.sofir on March 13, 1999 11:28:08 UTC

: Now, this is a question that's been bugging me for quite somet time, and I'd just like to get some feedback from people that I don't know. Why from people that I don't know, mainly becuase people that I do know, will show some kind of biased due to the fact that we are close. I'm a firm believer in astronomy and the space sciences, that seem to constantly disprove the existance of a supreme being. I don't mean to insult anyone's beliefs, becuase I know that in the past I have done that, but hopefully someone will have somethin intelligent to say about this topic. The question at hand is, "does god, or some other all powerful being exist?" The answer, is I don't know. If He does exist, why would he create all that we see, and go wonderfully on the assumption that people have enought faith to believe in him, instead of using their highly evolved brains for the answers to simple questions such as "why is the sky blue" or "why do people die"?. As of the past thousand or so years, people have begun to do such things, but they have been persecuted for doing so. If anyone's got any remarks, please feel free to email me at msuare2@hofstra.edu becuase I don't really check this site often. Thanx.

***Nope, the concept of all powerful is absurd, we SEEM all powerful to our children, our dog... There is life out there elsewhere, some of it will be much more powerful, we may as a species survive long enough to encounter it, if we start using our gifts of intelligence to change the world of human realities, right now we are in a delicate position, we have created our own timebomb, nukes, I meanb really what if Bill Clinton bumped his head before a test on the imeadiate response system and pushed the button... The proof is in the pudding, and it tastes like there is no god ingredient, only artificial flavoring and some preservatives. I'd be a pretty good god myself I think, at least as good as the ones that are supposed to exist, No, Better!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins