Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Super Organism

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tön/">Tön on March 13, 1999 00:05:37 UTC

: A couple days ago, I started reading a facinating book titled "The Lucifer Priniciple." One theory the author has is that of the "Super Organism." The idea being, social groups are actually organisms and we are nothing more than its equilvalent of cells. Many of the authors ideas seem strange, perplexing, and complicated, but they all seem to be well researched and backed up with ample evidence. In his introductiong, he says his objective is for readers to "read and think" not "read and believe." I found this comforting, if this label was attached to the bible, how much thinking and believing would go on? Regardless, I highly recommend the book for people on this forum even though I'm only about 100 pages into it. Should be in the science section of the bookstore, near all those Hawking books. Authors last name is Howard.

: H _____ The different "scales" of organisms. The universe is an organism within an another living organism. There are infinite scales and all containing each one within the other. We have to view ourselves with the universe, et all, holistically. The scales are only different...I believe. On that note, "Super" is contextual.

Tön

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins