Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: RE: RE: Evolution

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael Wright on October 17, 2000 01:16:25 UTC

Really? I didn`t know that mathematicians are some of the greatest "bashers" of evolution... Would you care to give us some examples?

You say he knows "nothing of God" and so is uneducated. Tell me waht you "know" of him, and show me HOW you KNOW.

Life on Mercury... First of all the Drake Equation only gives us the probability of Intelligent, Communicable, Carbon-based Water-loving life (like us) in our galaxy. Sure, there could be life flourishing on Mercury... where is it? One definition of life is something that changes its environment to better suit its structure and to ensure its survival (Like how Earth`s atmosphere was oxygenated by the Blue-Green Algae). What changes on Mercury has life created?
You said it has adapted to its climate on Mercury... That would imply evolution, eh?

And as to how life started... Have you made an attempt to read about it? I suggest you do... It may sound stupid, but the Time-Life book series of the universe is a good place to start.

Most of the great scientists were Christians, that is true i believe at least in the heydey of the Catholic Church (surprise!). Latin was the language most intellectual writings were written in. For the longest time, only the clergy (of the Catholic Church) were tought how to read and write. When they did, it was in Latin. Most of the intellectual developments about life, science, and the universe were made in Europe. Most of the intelligent people were Catholics.

In one of your posts I think u said u are protestant. Have there ever been any great protestant scientists (just curious:-p)? How do you feel about the Catholics holding the lion`s share of great scientists? Perhaps you will say that is because most of Europe was Catholic. There is your answer to what I tell you about most great scientists being Christian.

You yourself just stated that the possible + the infinite = the necessary. Funny you should say that, because that is very similar to an argument used FOR the creation of life from a "lightning bolt and protoplasmic goop" as you termed in in another post...

"So according to that it is easily possible for there to be an infinite amount of ET`s. However since you vaunted science says that the universe is limited the conecpt of evolution would fail if we found other life forms that were at our level."

-I don`t understand what you meant by this. Our universe is not infinite, but if you integrate with time, you can have an infinite number of ETs as long as the universe will not end in a Big Crunch (But that is for the Black Hole forum probably :-p). As to waht you said about evolution failing or something, can you elaborate on that, because to me it didn`t make much sense.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins