Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: RE: Evolution

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Andy™ on October 16, 2000 22:23:13 UTC

Humans are born with no knowledge. The only reason one person is christian and another believes in hinduism is the fact that their parents "told" them to belive that.

Nuh uh. Sorry, not true. Plenty of people become Christians because of urgings from others later in life, when you have your set of prejudices (common sense).

You will never see a Christian want to convert to hinduism because worshiping Cows makes more sense. And you will never see a hindu wanting to believe that if someone splashes water on your head and you drink some alcohol you will have eternal life.

Now you`re extremely incorrect. Christianity, like many other religions, has sects. Only certain (incorrect) sects believe getting dunked and drinking saves your soul.

But you will see people recognizing science and evolution and leaving the beliefs that they grew up with.

And you will see people being mislead and lied to as well. Evolution, though evidenced, isn`t the super-answer that many make it out to be. There are problems that evolution cannot conquer. I have little doubt that evolution occured on this planet, and yet I am still a Christian. You notice, in Genesis, life began in the sea, just as evolutionists now hypothesize life began around deep sea vents.

I can fit 15 billion years into six days. All you need is a fundamental grasp on the law of relativity. We judge time from earth`s standpoint, whereas, in the beginning, there was no earth. I can`t explain it nearly as well as Gerald L. Schroeder can in The Science of God.

Extremes are rarely correct.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins