Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: Phenotypic/Genotypic Expression & Other Evolution Bashing: Pt II

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by bzrd on October 15, 2000 18:17:52 UTC

Creationism does not deny that limited speciation has occurred. The cats we see today were derived from the original kind. Further, I think it is not coincidental that the strongest evidence for evolution in the fossil record is amongst closely related species [for ex. ox and cow species]. If you want to refer to this as evolution that is fine. Does this imply that a cat can morph into a rhinocerous? This is where the philosophical nature of Darwinism comes in. Materialist dogma dictates that these questions are answered strictly with materialist solutions, regardless of their insufficiency. Tenacious, there is nothing wrong with learning. God gave us an intellect. He expects us to use it. There is nothing inexcusably wrong with skepticism. It is a trait of our carnal nature as human beings. I can`t say for sure that I wouldn`t want to probe Jesus` wounds if I were in Thomas` place either. The issue is whether one choses to see God in nature or not. Why does an evolutionist "see" transitional forms in the fossil record when a creationist does not? It is an issue of the heart. You probably remember the verse from the gospels where Jesus said, " They have eyes but do not see, and ears but do not hear.." My brother, it is a choice. Here is a passage from Paul`s letter to the Romans that describes this issue very well. "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being uderstood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, niether were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Professing themselves wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible beasts, and creeping things."

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins