Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: RE: Immortality

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Andy™ on October 2, 2000 20:48:09 UTC

"There is only one holy text which describes such a Being. "

Not to disagree with the validity of the text to which you refer, there are more than that one text which describe a creator, though many find their origin in the same time period and by similar peoples.

I recommend the book, "The Science of God" by Gerald L. Schroeder, ISBN: 0-684-83736-6

It addresses the evolution/special creation debate and much more. It is a very objective text written by an intelligent man. He takes some rarely made and well thought out stands in this book. He also addresses the fact of zealots on both sides of the issue clouding the facts, making it that much more difficult to resolve.

Mr. Schroeder is by no means the end and final word, and I would recommend reading the book with the mindset of a skeptic. I find myself wanting to believe him, but I know if I want it, then I`ll be more willing to accept it. If that willingness went too far, then I`d no longer be able to objectively evaluate the book.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins