Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: RE: Genesis Implies Evolution?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael Wright on September 29, 2000 03:07:55 UTC

Nobody responded to your post about black holes because what you described is not a black hole. you described a big disk, much like Mr. Burns` sun-blocker in that one season finale of the Simpsons. The scientific evidence we have collected on black holes all but proves that they are not disks that merely block out light from stars... Their gravity bends the light of stars, their accretion disks have been detected (for supermassive bh`s at least), and the x-rays the matter emits while approaching the event horizon has been detected. A big disk (or spehere, or whatever) just blocking light would not produce those, unless it is a black hole (which are usually spherical btw in 3d terms). Granted, if you looked at the event horizon of a black hole, it would block out the light from directly behind it... But the accretion disk would most likely be very bright.

And the ancient astronomers you speak of I`m assuming are the heliocentric astronomers who thought of sun as the center of the universe or some other astronomers... As time goes by, our technology and collective knowledge of the universe increases. Many indoctrinated or entrenched establishments fight change - they don`t want to risk losing their influence. Take the Church for example... Those scientists DID have proof - they just were attacked by the establishments such as the Church or entrenched intelligencia so their ideas were suppressed. So show me your evidence of that theory, and I will not scoff at it, I, and I`m sure everybody else here, will objectively look at your evidence and take it for what it is.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins