Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Genesis Implies Evolution?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by S.H. Le on September 29, 2000 00:00:13 UTC

Genesis clearly showed all of creation popping up in the span of seven days. Literal or metaphor? I find it erroneous to suggest that instantaneous creation from God`s divine hand, was really an allegorical explanation of the process of evolution. Again, you`re simply explaining away the events after the facts... not looking at the predictions themselves. Even astrology can do that.

If one insists that the bible makes accurate predictions, then it should be evaluated through the scientific method just like any other theory.
It`s seems to me, that if the bible was accurately predicting evolutionary processes at work, it left out a hell of a lot of details and presented its prediction as vague and open ended as possible. Clearly the bible isn`t scientific, and it never ceases to amaze me how many people insist on trying to make it so.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins