Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: RE: Genesis Implies Evolution

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by trew on September 28, 2000 21:53:17 UTC

How do you know god`s "word" wouldn`t instantly "become" flesh instantly. God could do that couldn`t he? Or is he still cooking pot pies in an oven, and he can`t just make things happen right now. Either way I was able to interpret the same 4 words in exactly the opposite way as Lake. The Bible is a bunch of loosley translated stories packed with metaphors. It would be impossible to determine what was literal and what is metaphor when you writing a book where miracles are possible and God speaks to mortal men.

You could easily equate the stories in the bible to childrens stories. Jonah and the whale, or Dumbo the flying elephant. Both are meant to teach something. I know one thing though I rather try to ride a flying elephant than live inside a whale. And they all lived hapily ever after.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins