Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: RE: Bzrd

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by bzrd on September 28, 2000 17:56:15 UTC

I am dogmatic about the Bible being the inerrant word of God. So was Issac Newton and a host of other pre-19th century scientists. To me, science is a revelation of God. What I find disheartening are the attempts by us humans to elevate our own intellect/rationality to the place rightly occupied by the Lord. Hitler was a good example of this and illustrates the inherent danger of the humanist philosophy. Hitler sought to elevate the "aryian race". His proposition was based on the humanist philosophy of evolution. If he was a student of the Bible he would have understood that "God is no respecter of persons", a concept that would have invalidated his quest for establishing racial superiority amongst the human race. Is it a wonder it was doomed to fail? I feel that there exists absolute Truth. I believe the Bible contains it. Many people feel the Bible contains only part [or none] of the truth. If this is the case, then who is to say what is Truth? My truth becomes no better than yours. This is evident in todays` western culture, where absolute Truth has been replaced by social relevence and situational ethics. Why do I believe the Bible? Because it explains things. It explains how the world could come together in the latter days under one religion. Scince, in absence of absolute truth, all religions are equal. The Bible explains the design and order that surrounds us and reflects our Creator`s sense of beauty. The alternative is a universe without a cause and damns humanity to a purposeless existence. Is there anything more cruel? It explains how [in the words of the apostle Paul] "men would be ever-learning, but never coming to the knowledge of the Truth", as they build their castles in the sand. Brother, look around you, we have become those men.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins