Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
That`s Hardly Fair

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by S.H. Le on September 26, 2000 20:22:20 UTC

"If one pursues the
if-you-can`t-see-it-or-poke-a-stick-at-it-it-doesn`t-exist paradigm back through
time to the beginning, what you are left with is
NOTHING+CHANCE=EVERYTHING." Bzrd.

That seemed like a demonstration of the "straw man" argument. It looks to me that you fabricated your own weak representation of an opposing argument to prove your point. I can`t speak for the other incorrigable materialists out there, but i don`t recall ever proposing that equation.

At any rate, through what basis can you elimate the possibility that there was no beginning? that the universe is actually infinite, and the big bang event was only a local occurance?

Furthermore, on what evidence do you base the universe coming to an end? The universe will almost absolutely continue without us.

P.S. You get extra points for not citing the bible.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins