Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: Where Are They Update

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on September 26, 2000 12:38:11 UTC

I welcome a true believer in science and a non-believer in the supernatural. I myself believe in both on the basis of both my personal experiences and on the basis of science.

With the advent of dark matter, superstring theory and QCD there is ample evidence that a supernatural world exists. I have put forth the evidence for such on this forum previously and would be happy to review it if there is interest.

Of course, there is no way to prove that any of that evidence is truth. But we know from Godel and others that there is no way to prove absolutely or rigorously that anything in sciece is true. So science requires faith as well. Most of science is just concepts like the electron that we can understand experientially but do not really know what it is. Superstring theory will give us more understanding, but superstring theory can never be proven either.

So we are all caught up in having faith in one world view or another. Personally I prefer the more optimistic world views and look for evidence that they MAY be true. But the chances I`ll never know for sure, even after I hopefully reside in a supernatural world.

yanniru

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins