Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: RE: RE: RE: The Trew Phony

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael Wright on September 23, 2000 05:00:57 UTC

There is nothing in your argument that I could percieve as a matter of coincidence. Again we are faced with a dilemma... It is your word against mine... The burden of proof lies not on me, though... Science - the only truth mankind has known, requires proof for something to be true. Religion, throughout the centuries, has mostly been at the other end of the spectrum... The Church has been wrong many many times in the past. Nowadays people say "Well, they were wrong, they made a mistake." What makes you think that you are not wrong in your beliefs? Your faith? They had faith too, but they were wrong. Science has been wrong in the past, too. But that was because our methods and our observations were limited by our technology. You can argue the same applies today, that we might still be blinded by our technology (or lack thereof). But our observation technologies and techniques have almost plateaued... Science is not supposed to find the absolute truth - it is merely supposed to eliminate all possible scenarios and narrow down the list to the most likely scenario. Right now, the existence of God does not seem likely given there is absolutely no evidence that can be attributed to only God, and no other explanations...

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins