Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: Where Are They?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Freeballs on September 14, 2000 15:38:37 UTC

As I see it, God and religion is a convenient way of explaining our existance. Sure it was coincidence that life was "sparked" on earth. If it had never happened, we wouldn`t be here to be trying to figure it out. Just look at our situation. Earth contains all the necessary elements, carbon and oxygen, and all the proper balances of elements to create and sustain life. Not only that, our distance from the sun is perfect for lifeforms as we know them. Even if there are billions of other stars with even more planets orbiting them, the probability that there is a planet with all the necessary elements, in the proper balance, and containing a breathable atmosphere that is a perfect distance from it`s own star is unlikely. I`m not saying that it`s impossible. However, there is an even greater unlikelyhood that any life out there would have the intelligence that we have on earth to discover electromagnetics to the extent of creating a form of communication. It just isn`t logical to me that something we call God just created us.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins