Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: Searching For Answers...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Steve Fejes on September 5, 2000 22:32:52 UTC

I can relate to what you have said, mine is a similar story. I trust (believe) that God exists and that He cares about all of us. If we really seek Him then He will lead us to understand the truth. He takes no pleasure in watching us walk into dead ends - or the wrong way. But, He can use even our mistakes to teach us - if we are willing to learn.

The main stumbling block to our learning from God is our own pride and self-will. I am comforted to remember that God is committed to working with us and shaping us into all that He knows we can be.

I suggest that you dig into the words of Jesus Christ as recorded in the New Tesament. Don`t rush through them, take time to consider what the Lord is saying. And, ask God to illuminate your understanding. He is the Author and only He can explain what He means.

It is good to talk to other people and consider what they have to say. Also pay attention to the fruit of their lives. Jesus said that you will know a tree by its fruit.

Email me if you like, jsfejes@swva.net

There are some discussion groups and web sites out there if you want to look for them. All of the ones I have found have people on both sides who are strongly committed to their own views, and are not very willing to consider the truth of the other side.

Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins