Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: There Are Areas Which Truths Can Be Found/ Others Are Relative

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Greg Armel on August 27, 2000 19:41:59 UTC

Hello Phil.O.Sofir,

I believe science has come WithiN 1millionth of a degree of absolute zero, the point at which stillness should occur. It seems that at 1millionth of a degree, when you would expect stillness, a sort of growth occurs, the development of a sort of film. I believe that this film will mark the edge of the expansion of the Universe, as 3k radiation cools to 2k, then 1k and finally, this film which will mark the limit of the expansion of this cycle of the Big-Bang. Stillness may be some time yet in coming about.
Your view of time however is still linear, rather then dimensional. You see time as the passing of moment to moment, as in the movement of the second hand on a watch. If you synchronized two watches that measured nano seconds, and you took one to the top of Mount Everest, when you returned, the one that had remained behind would indicate a time further in the past, because time passes faster further removed of the center of gravity. So time is dimensional, not linear. Truth, my friend, though not easily accepted in light of our linear appreciation of time, but mainly only because of the mere nano second differention it causes in our gravity well. :o)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins