Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
There Are Areas Which Truths Can Be Found/ Others Are Relative

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phil.O.Sofir on August 27, 2000 16:05:08 UTC

Hi all, this concept of truth seems to be seen as universal once found or decided upon by the many.

My current conception of truth is based upon things I actually know for certain, regardless of argument, of which there are very few ablolutes.

One is that I exist, of this there is no dispute, what exactly "i am" is subject to consideration.

The second is that I am aware of at least some of the correct perception of what I am and the surroundings within which I exist.

The third is that my understanding of these truths are subject to the limitations of my perceptive abilities and that this overall view of myself and surroundings are developed in combination with the experiance of my life`s interactions with the local evironment of the universe.

The fourth is that I have not only an awareness, but a mind which is capable of abstract thoughts which give the ability to "create" alternative truths/beliefs which can be either positive or negative in the perception of higher awareness of truth/reality.

Currently using these as my referance, I then apply the many questions there are to pose in the area of a hightened awareness of our reality.

There are several things which are high on my list, the existance of god is not my top prioriy, although it is definately connected to current thought on other aspects of reality I desire to understand such as;

My belief that there is no true time, rather it is a referance we use to explain change in a eternally moving/changing and endless universe.

I further have no belief in any other dimension of space/time, viewing it as a constant change of a single dimension which gives the illusion of time when viewed with current beliefs/science.

Even the reality of atomic particals cannot be truely understood, our models are constructed so that we may understand them in priciple, but not reality, there is no such thing as stillness in the material world as far as we can tell.

Is there stillness anywhere in a singular dimension? Is there anywhere in the universe which is so far removed from matter/energy which would allow an area of complete stillness?

Well, these are some of my intrests. So I believe that we as a intelligent species can at some future point in the "moving present" know when and where to apply the concept on truth, as it cannot be completely applied by any perceptionaly bound intelligent awareness.

I wish I knew where these thoughts come from, I know much has come from this place in space.

Any other truths known out there for sure?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins