Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: Tenacious

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by bzrd on August 25, 2000 17:42:11 UTC

Brother Tenacious, your definition of truth is equivalent to there being no truth. If truth is only defined by current cultural and societial values and [that] these are subject to change, then truth is no longer immutable but variable. Thus, in this context, truth is disqualified by it`s own definition. Therefore, it can`t exist. I believe in the words of Jesus Christ when He said, "I am the Way the Truth and the Life..". The Truth is immutable, it existed prior to creation and will continue to exist long after it is gone. It is wholly transcendant and supercedes the variable truth of man. I will admit that your philosophy is commonly held in todays` world. It is a world where the Truth of God is exchanged for the truth of man. Essentially, this is the foundation for Greg Armels philosophy that all paths lead to God. That is, all religions are equivalent and will lead one to God. This same philosophy undergirds the growing world-support for ecumenicalism which, in turn, will lead inexorably, to a one-world religion as predicted in Bible prophecy. I maintain, that if Truth is indeed immutable, then we can`t all be right. Further, this has some important implications for humanity. Do we embrace the Truth or ignore the Truth, only in the end, to be condemned by It. I agree, faith does not equal truth. My faith is IN the Truth.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins