Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: RE: RE: Single Most Important Evidence For Beliefs

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on August 14, 2000 17:16:19 UTC

Coincidence is the one aspect of my life and of what I`ve heard about the supernatural that I cannot understand on the basis of physics. All other aspects such as afterlife, out of body experience, revelation and so on, I cannot prove to be true with science (science itself tells me I cannot) but I can find mechanisms in science that could make these other processes possible.

However, I cannot find any physics by which I can understand the profound series of coincidences that seems to influence my life. There is a book called, I believe, "Celestial Prophecy" that is based on the phenomenon of coincidence.

Often the coincidences offer me the opportunity to make a choice, but most often they just seem to be telling me that there is something out there controlling my universe. When offered a choice, sometimes I go with it, but other times it seems more like I`m being tested or tempted, and that I should reject the opportunity presented. Usually I`ll somehow get confirmation later on as to whether I made the right choice, by another type of coincidence.

Generally, if I make the wrong choice, I get punished. Not always right away. Often I will be presented with essentially the same choice that I previously chose wrongly, knowingly, and after chosing wrongly twice or several times, I get punished. My feeling is that they first give me choices without consequences, but eventually get fed up with my behavior and lower the boom.

But the bottomline is that there appears to be something that controls my life. It seems to be playing with me, helping me to develop, by setting up coincidences- often highly unlikely ones that are probabilistically almost impossible. I believe that the highly unlikely ones are done just to demonstrate that they (or he/she) are out there. It most cases it was not necessary to make such an exact unlikely coincidence to accomplish their means.

Of course what has happened is that I now see every thing as controlled with the opportunity of making choices being given to me. Usually good or bad, I just follow my heart. They then let me know one way or the other. And so I do not have to take it too seriously. After all Krishna said that it`s just a game he plays.

yanniru

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins