Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
It Is Just Stimulating

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phil.o.Sofir on February 23, 1999 13:01:35 UTC

: : A country will stay with one system forever, never. I never said that. In fact, a country won't even exist forever. Just look at history, just look at time. : : However, when coming up with an economic sytstem based on today's technology and using today's countries as case study's, obviously certain systems have brought more utility than others. Will other people be counter of me? Of course, plenty of them. In fact, I belief from what I've read so far that "phil.o.sofir" wants no capitalism in this hypothetical system. But the bottom line is, there would have to be some economic system, but how do we choose which one when people dissagree? Democracy is one way of adapting it with each person having equal votes. Educated debate, a willingness to work together, and a final decision made by the masses seems one peaceful way to do things. Obviously there will be people pushing for dictatorships, caste systems, royal families, and other forms of government we have seen through out history and time. : : Of course I am nothing more than a bilogical process and my toughts are all based on mere reactions in the brain. So now I'm supposed to have no opinion on economics and politics?

: : H

: Sorry if I sounded imposing :-). I was half asleep and about to go to bed when I replied to comments.

: I actually said that you should do and believe on what you think is right. You should always have an opinion H. Why are we on this forum then If I am not willing to listen to you? I was also illustrating the pertinence of 2LOTD on how things work in the universe, us, history, politics et all. : Hey, Phil went on a tangent with the politics and capitalism thing, hehe :-)! Tön

***I guess I do go of the deep end sometimes, but it does'nt hurt anything, and I like to know how others feel, I especially like it when a new adaptation is created in my programing? People with open minds are the ones who will help bring about better and better realities for our children, the human race. As far as economic system, capitalism is the best yet, adaption is happening now, always will, but the difference is in the "big picture" of human existance as is currently in place, we have it made here in the U.S. and it is at the expense of others. If we could retain much of what we have while at the same time tremendously increasing the mental and physical health and happiness of the "majority" who are "deprived" of so much that we as an intelligent species has acomplished, I believe we should try to create such a system. We DO have the brain power to accomplish it, the "world" resourses, the equipment and technology exists now, all we need is the vision and will to do it! World leaders, people, do we want to live this way forever? Satisfied with our share? A new philosophy of peace and acceptance and "oneness" is needed, which can overide the "workable" ones in existance today, which are far from its equal.

*** I just like to hear variety, as many options as possible. What is the most important question in the world, applicable to the world that you can think of currently? Anything, something new and refreshing, fun to talk about but serious business for our future, extending our personalities or individualism through advanced bio-computer residences, how to deal with the coming population problem/limits, hell, anything original would be good. :)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins