Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: RE: Myriad Intellects Universally

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael Wright on August 5, 2000 11:58:35 UTC

The idea of intelligent life is a sheer conjecture and speculation.

I fail to see the significance of Francis Crick`s belief of panspermia. I suggest you peruse this site- http://www.panspermia.org for more information of the theory.

"My Bible says the `heavens declare the glory of God` and that `He strectched out the Heavens with His hand.`" I`m sure that many will agree with me when I state that this, as with almost every (if not every) part of the Bible can be interpreted in many different ways. I don`t see the direct connection between extraterrestrial life and those quotes, although I can see how some remote semblance of panspermia can be derived from them.

Lastly, I am sorry but you cannot assure me that the origin of life has "nothing to do with a primordial slime-pond" because to assure is to make certain to remove doubt. You did not make the issure certain one way or another.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins