Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
For "I Care About You And Evenstar"

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael Wright on August 5, 2000 11:42:49 UTC

I have read through my previous posts, and I`m sorry but I do not see where I condemned Christians, saying that "they are intelligent only in theology" and that they "have limited knowledge of other things." Anyone who does say that is out of line, because I`m sure that there are many very learned Christians, who know much more about science than I, Evenstar, or you, for that matter.

I did not become skilled in science because I had been "tutored by someone in the past that had been previously done the same way." I am not skilled in science, not nearly as much as many others who post on this forum. I am still learning about science, as I am merely an undergraduate student. And I do not pretend to be what I am not.

"You ask a Christian "How can you Believe?" they reply "How can you not believe?" which would probably be your reply to the same about science"
Well, sir or madam, if a Christian or anyone for that matter asked me "How can you believe" something about science, I would not reply "How can you not believe." I would provide all of the empirical evidence that has been gathered, and use it as my answer. Then I would reply "What else, if anything, can I do to help you understand that it is true?"

"Christians have just as much evidence to prove their missions in life as you do in yours."
I do not understanf what you mean in this statement. Please Clarify.

"The key is to study theology." That, my friend, is what I am currently doing.

"You dont become a scientist by watching television all day." The definition of `scientist` being `A person having expert knowledge of one or more sciences,` one can become a scientist by watching television all day, if one watches the correct channels

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins