Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Faith Is ...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Steve Henderson on August 5, 2000 00:45:56 UTC

My working definition of faith is placing trust in a reliable source of information.

Is empirical science a reliable source of information? I judge it to be so, but our scientific understanding is constantly changing and there are differences of understanding among the scientists about many aspects.

Is empirical science a reliable source of information about spiritual things? Science has little to no data about spiritual things.

Is there any other reliable source of information about spiritual things? Many judge that there are. The Bible is the best documented source which is commonly believed to have accurate information about spiritual matters, and about other things as well.

The Bible has help up very well against all challenges over the centuries, and it still does. I judge the Bible to be a reliable source of information about all the matters upon which it speaks, therefore it is reasonable to consider it reliable about spiritual matters also.

You may disagree with me, but to a seeker of truth with an open mind the Bible looks very good. What is your rejection of the Bible based on?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins