Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: Why Does HEAVEN Or Hellexist?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by by AstroFred on August 1, 2000 00:22:06 UTC

Most of the above statements,, all seem to say
I know, I know, what do you really know,,
i`ll say, (as much as i do,) except i dont believe, a few tired old men who wrote scriptures, for the uneducated. What did these uneducated and unenlightened peoples from the old testaments have,( nothing ) , and when the kings, lost their hold on the masses, his voice was no longer good enough, to quell the disgruntled populace. guess what they did, enforce the scribes to start scribbling piles of soothing words from a much higher authority, which in turn aided the authorities to keep their power and fortune, This has happen throughout all time.
i have a multitude of other reasons for not believing the Bible,suffice to say, I want there to be a God, i hope we all go to heaven, and i really have struggled to make sense of these silly holy books, i dont decry others for needing or clammering for it to be real, but when i scan the universe, and see how much power supposedly God can exert, i feel he could have dealt us a better hand, and if he knows all, then why is there a need to test our puny little brains,
when he made the mistake of giving us a free hand to build the empire state building, with a spoon.
It like a game of Chess, and we are the unfortunate saps that have to play the game of the Gods, what if i dont want to play, does that make me an extremely bad man.when all i want to do is see sane rational behaviour to aid myself and my fellow man , through this insane world.
Here is a thought that has bugged me for years,
Why does everything on this planet eat each other,
man eats man, in many metaphorical ways, many animals eat each other, and if the giraffe had no leaves to eat, it would start eating its fellow creatures. Bewildered..

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins