Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: RE: RE: Brzd Special Continued

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by bzrd on July 6, 2000 17:56:34 UTC

A fundamental Christian doctorine is "through Christ, all things were Created". We owe our consciousness to the Creative act of God, through Christ, though Christ is not the whole of God. In the Gospel of John, it says,.."He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for He [Christ] was before me." It is clearly implicit from this verse, that Christ existed prior to John and that Christ is "preferred" due to His divine nature [as Creator]. Christ was the mortal incarnation of God. A skeptic is confronted with the question: Did the human writer[s?] understand the non-linear aspects of space/time? Or, is this coincidence? I suspect, [though by no means am dogmatic], that the writers didn`t fully understand much of what they wrote. When you recognize Christ as God and accept Him, He takes away your sin, that is correct. What am I, but a carnal-minded fool, saved by the Grace of God. I am glad he keeps taking the sin away:)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins