Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: RE: Brzd Special Continued

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on July 6, 2000 15:53:27 UTC

I just found out where your concept of the sin of Adam & Eve starting the second law of thermodynamics came from, by reading an article in this weeks New Scientist. It came from the book, The Genesis Flood, published in 1961. It sounds like it`s become dogma already.

However I still like the idea and its natural consequences of consciousness preceding material evolution.

In a way, if god is everything, then god may also arrange everything and is responsible for the controversy between scientists and creationists. So god already has decided how its all going to turn out. Therefore our responsibility is to do the best we can whichever side we are on.

Afterall, Jesus said that he likes humans to be hot or cold, not lukewarm. So he likes extermists as they tend to control things while all the lukewarms just go along with it, perhaps taking sides, perhaps not.

So my conclusion is to lead the way, whichever way that is. This forum is a good way to do it.

yanniru

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins