Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Irony Of Claiming God As Zero...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Lake on July 2, 2000 06:33:17 UTC

If I, as I do, claim the universe began before the beginning as the Void, and that this zero was capable of willing itself into harmonic creation, I am saying that from nothing comes everything, that nothing is the source of all, that God is nothing and nothing is God.
See the irony? I say God is nothing and nothing is God and one reader could see I don`t believe in God while another could see my perspective that God is not a thing, is no-thing, and the nothing is the source of everything and within its own creation the nothing can even talk to us and reveal itself as the source of all mind and matter.
Ironic, yes. What`s the difference between zero?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins