Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Believe The Only Answer Is No, Short Or Long

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phil.O.Sofir on July 2, 2000 04:11:53 UTC

Hi Bzrd, first of all we don`t know all the physical laws in the universe, and also don`t understand many of the ones we are aware of.
Secondly, I agree that it is the special circumstances of our planet that has given life the opportunity to begin and thrive here, however, to place this in a category of jumping through hoops I think belongs more to the theological arena of thinking, where explanations can be tailored to "historical" events, which cannot be duplicated or tested. It is the materialist who demands as much proof as can be gathered who can change acording to new evidence.
As far as trying not to see the design in nature, nothing could be farther from the truth, it is only that this is exactly what we attribute the design to, natural laws, not something which created natural laws and has intelligence.
In the area of probability, it is just as likely for you to have been born as it was for life to begin on our planet when viewed from the universal scale, endless and timeless.
Where are the bounderies? Who can measure the amount of atoms in the universe?
It has always been and always will be, the absurdity of numbers themselves are exposed in light of this concept, and gives the assurance that life is a natural occurance according to the possibilities contained within its grandure.
Our very existance proves this beyond doubt.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins