Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: Special Question For Brzd

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by bzrd on June 29, 2000 17:19:21 UTC

I posted a response to this yesterday [6/28], I don`t know where it went. My point was the Bible doesn`t address the issue of how much time elapsed between the creation of Adam and Eve and their fall from grace. I`m not sure where you got a "few days" from. All of Creation suffered the consequence of sin. Sin equals death. What point is there in just subjecting man and not Creation to the vagaries of the second law? Creation is subserviant to the domain of man, it would be inconsistent/illogical for God to put us in an environment that was eternal and/or perfect. Before death there was no time, the Garden of Eden was literally, a land before time. The second law of thermodynamics is a function of time. What purpose does time serve in an eternal world? Or, for that matter, the second law? Anyway, Adam was something like 800 yrs old when he died. I submit, that he didn`t begin to "die" until the after the fall from grace. You say the earth/universe is "billions" of yrs old? I say that postulate has no relevence to reality due to the fact that time is only six thousand yrs old. This apparent paradox is not inconcievable, thanks to Einstein`s theory of relativity and time dialation. Have you ever wondered why Einstein didn`t have the problem with billions of yrs and the Genesis account that the less educated media and public school educators have?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins