Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Euphrates Will Dry Up

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Richard Ruquist on June 21, 2000 12:12:19 UTC

I just read in today`s Boston Globe that Turkey will finish building a dam across the Euphrates River on October 4th, 2000. The article was mainly about how the excavation associated with building this dam has uncovered an old Roman city.

However, it reminded me of the prediction in Revalations that the threat from the East will confront the threat from the West when the Euphrates River dries up.

I had always taken a metaphorical interpretation of that passage to mean that with the advent of intercontinental ballistic missiles, the oceans which formerly protected us have essentially dried up. But the prophecy could be more literal than metaphorical.

Anyway, last year we had the prophecy of Nostradamus to wait for. This year there may be a similar concern for Revalations.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins